This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- In a skillet brown the ground beef. Drain off fat.
- Combine beans,
enchilada and tomato sauces in a bowl with minced onion.
- Set aside 1 cup corn chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add the remaining cheese and
corn chips with the meat to the beans. Stir to blend.
- Empty into a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees
F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread the top with sour cream and sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
- Ring the remaining corn chips around the edge; return to the oven
for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
This will double or triple easily for a large group.
May be made ahead and refrigerated.