Mexican Layer Casserole
This is a family favorite! It's so darn good!
- 1 can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet onion, finely cut
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups canned corn, drained
- 6 to 8 medium/large potatoes, boiled and mashed with butter and milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons tomato sauce over bottom of medium casserole
- Brown ground beef; add garlic salt, pepper and onion, then drain
- Add taco seasoning and remainder of tomato sauce to
ground beef mixture. Mix, then put into casserole dish as first layer.
- Add drained corn evenly throughout pan for second layer.
- Add mashed potatoes for third layer.
- Sprinkle paprika over potatoes, then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by V. Cain, Ontario, Canada
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes