Mexican-Style Beef Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup chile sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup red taco sauce
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet brown the beef. Pour off any fat and remove beef;
- Add oil to skillet and sauté onion until limp and golden.
- Return beef to skillet and add tomatoes, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Dip tortilla quarters in taco sauce, covering both sides.
- Cover bottom of a buttered 3-quart casserole with half the tortilla pieces,
- Spread beef mixture over tortillas.
- Sprinkle beef with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Layer remaining tortilla pieces on top and spread with sour cream.
- Sprinkle on the spinach and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes, uncovering for the last 15 minutes.
If re-heating, have the casserole at room temperature and bake at
375 degrees F, uncovered, until hot and bubbly.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes