Philly Cheese and Ground Beef Casserole
Bring the fabulous flavor of Philly cheese steak sandwiches to a comforting casserole!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 (1 ounce) slicesprovolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced into wedges
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into strips *
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle original biscuits
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, salt and pepper over medium-high
heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Place in baking dish.
- Arrange cheese over beef mixture, overlapping slices if needed.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell
peppers. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until
peppers are crisp-tender.
- Stir in garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer. Spoon over cheese in baking
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. On lightly floured surface, pat biscuits
into 5-inch circles. Arrange biscuits over vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top.
* To easily cut peppers, cut a thin slice off bottom of pepper. Set pepper on
cutting board, cut side down. Cut strips of pepper from stem down to board, cutting
just the flesh and leaving seeds and core attached to stem.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 490 (Calories from
Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 4g), Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium
1200mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 27g
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes