Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 1 (16 ounce) package bowtie pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can milk
- 4 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and
cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until
they begin to soften.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring until evenly browned.
- Drain off grease and pour into the bowl with the pasta.
- Stir in the soup, soup can of milk, mushrooms and thyme until well
- Mix in 3 cups of the cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Mix in remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden and crispy.