Popcorn Stuffed Peppers
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 1 quart boiling, salted water
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put a handful of popcorn in a blender and blend, at lowest speed,
for about a minute. The popcorn will flow like a thick syrup.
- Slowly add another handful or two of popcorn. Let the grinding continue
for a minute or more. You should have 1 cup of finely ground popcorn
when you are done. Set it aside.
- Cut peppers in half. Remove seeds.
- Cook peppers for 5 minutes in the boiling water. Drain.
- Mix the popcorn with the remaining ingredients and fill the peppers.
- Bake in a covered casserole for 1 hour.
- Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes.