Potato Crust Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown beef in a 2-quart pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Drain.
- Add drained green beans and un-drained tomatoes. Simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cheese.
- Place meat mixture in casserole dish.
- Arrange potatoes on top, sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until cheese melts and potatoes begin to brown slightly, about 25 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings