Puffy Pizza Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Dash of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 envelope dry spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Meat Mixture: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, drain off all fat.
- Stir in next 9 ingredients: simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Batter: In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and eggs; beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Lightly spoon in flour and salt; beat 2 minutes at medium speed or until smooth.
- Pour hot meat mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, covering filling completely.
- Pour batter over all and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately, cutting into squares to serve.