Reuben Noodle Bake
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 5 ounces corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut with caraway seeds
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Red onion slices, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain sauerkraut and rinse under cold water. Drain well and set
- Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, cut corned beef into bite-size pieces.
- Combine noodles,
corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese in large bowl. Pour into prepared
- Combine dressing, milk and mustard in small bowl. Spoon dressing
mixture evenly over noodle mixture.
- Tear bread into large pieces. Process in food processor or blender
until crumbs are formed.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter in small
bowl; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with red onion, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings