Runza Casserole 2
- 2 pounds ground round
- 1 small green bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 or 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 package dry onion soup
- 1 teaspoon herb seasoning
- Salt and seasoned pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium to large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- Oil or butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain if necessary.
- Add green pepper, garlic, horseradish, dry soup and seasoning.
- Put shredded
cabbage and onions on top of meat, cover and steam a few minutes.
- Using one tube of rolls, spread the roll pieces over the bottom
of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Spread meat mixture over roll pieces.
- Add the layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Using second tube of rolls, put roll pieces on top of cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Brush rolls with a
little oil or melted butter in the last 10 minutes.
Yield: 10 to 12 large portions