Sauerbraten Noodle Casserole
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- 2 (12 ounces) jars home-style beef gravy
- 1 1/2 cups julienne-cut carrots (1 1/2 x 1/4 x 1/4 inch)
- 1/2 cup sliced green beans
- 1/4 cup finely crushed gingersnaps
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 9 ounces (5 cups) uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick
- Spray Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add steak pieces; sprinkle
with seasoned salt. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or
until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in gravy, carrots, onions, gingersnaps, brown sugar and vinegar.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Add cooked noodles to beef mixture; mix gently.
- Pour into sprayed baking dish. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks, October 1998