Seven Layer Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup cooked or canned whole kernel corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (15-ounce can) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked or canned green beans
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- Put rice and corn in baking pan or dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix tomato sauce and water. Pour half over corn and rice.
- Add layers of onion, green pepper, green beans, and beef.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add rest of tomato mixture, top with bacon. Cover tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Uncover; cook 30 minutes more.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 7/4/02 7:12:18 pm.