Skillet Stuffed Peppers
Shepherd's pie meets the classic stuffed pepper. This recipe can also be
made with red, yellow or orange bell peppers.
- 2 large green bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3/4 pound ground round
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- Freshly cracked black pepper, optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut sides down, on a microwave-safe dish; cover
with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH for 3 1/2 minutes, or until the pepper halves
are crisp-tender. Let stand, covered, 3 minutes (peppers will soften).
- While the peppers cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Add the beef to the pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble.
- Add the water and seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce the heat and cook 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in the microwave according to the package directions,
omitting salt and fat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the beef mixture into each pepper half; top each with 2/3 cup
- Sprinkle each pepper half with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Garnish with black pepper, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
339 calories (35% from fat),13 grams fat (5 grams sat. fat), 31 grams carbohydrate,
23 grams protein, 1,287 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 62 mg calcium, 3 grams fiber
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes