Speedy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups medium-wide uncooked noodles
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 3 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry (optional)
- Brown ground beef in electric skillet at 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle soup mix and ginger over browned meat.
- Arrange noodles over meat.
- Add mushrooms with liquid; pour water over noodles. Cover
tightly; cook at 225 degrees F for 20 minutes or until noodles are
- Blend flour into sour cream; stir into mixture. Cook about 3 minutes
or until thickened.
- Sherry may be added just before serving, if desired.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings