Stuffed Bell Peppers for the Freezer
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Cut peppers in half and boil in salted water for 3 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Brown beef and onions. Drain off excess fat.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper and soup to beef mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and rice. Mix well.
- Fill peppers with beef-rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes for immediate use or they can be frozen
for up to 3 months.