Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ro*Tel
- 5 green, red or yellow bell peppers, halved
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Ro*Tel diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 4 thick slices Velveeta cheese
- Boil one of the bell peppers, then dice it. Brown the bell pepper
with the onion in the butter. Sauté.
- Add the ground beef and brown.
- Drain off excess oil and set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot.
- Remove tops from remaining
four bell peppers, then clean the insides. Boil until peppers
are tender but not mushy.
- Set bell peppers in a baking pan.
- Add mushroom soup, Ro*Tel tomatoes, rice and seasonings to the
ground beef mixture. Stir well, and stuff into peppers.
- Put a slice of Velveeta cheese on top of each pepper half.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.