Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large can sauerkraut
- 1 pound bacon, place on top before cooking
- Bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rice, cooked
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook rice.
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, onion (as much as you like) and eggs.
- Add cooked rice to beef mixture.
- Cook cabbage in water until it's soft and can be rolled.
- Place some cabbage and some sauerkraut in the bottom of your pan.
- Roll a little beef and rice mixture in one leaf and place the roll
into your prepared pan.
- When you've finished the first layer
of cabbage rolls, cover with more cabbage leaves and sauerkraut.
- Start the second layer.
- When finished rolling beef mixture, cover all with sauerkraut, the
tomatoes, the bacon and cabbage.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup water.
- Bake, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours on 350 degrees F, or until beef is cooked.
I rinse the sauerkraut for 5 minutes to remove all can/jar
liquid before I add it to my pot.
Posted by LladyRusty at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes