Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut off top of peppers; remove ribs and seeds. Chop edible portions
of tops; set aside.
- Wash peppers and place in large kettle with 2 quarts salted water; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain peppers.
- In skillet, sauté chopped pepper, onion and celery until tender (3 to 5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, sauce, garlic, parsley, oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Simmer, uncovered
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine egg, remaining salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Beat to blend.
- Add ground beef, rice and 1 cup tomato mixture; mix well.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Place in 3-quart casserole; pour remaining tomato mixture over peppers.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Grate cheese and spread over tops of peppers last 20 minutes of baking.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Casserole Recipes