Bistro in a Pot
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white and green parts, washed and drained
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced small potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 3 or 4 teaspoons dried lemon peel (see note)
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated low-fat Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- In wok or large skillet with cover, heat olive oil over high heat until nearly
- Stir-fry garlic, leeks and chicken until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove to a bowl.
- Add potatoes, carrots, lemon peel and tarragon to wok and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Return leeks and chicken to wok.
- Add 1/2 cup water; stir quickly, cover tightly and steam 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and peas; stir to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: calories: 408; protein: 40 grams; total fat: 16 grams; saturated
fat: 4 grams; cholesterol: 76 mg; carbohydrates: 26 grams; sodium: 286 mg