Buttery Chicken Casserole
- 1 (3 pound) broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package oval-shaped buttery crackers, crushed (2 stacks)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove chicken, and cool slightly.
- Skin and bone chicken; cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
chicken, cream of chicken soup and next 3 ingredients, stirring
- Place half of crushed crackers in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch
baking dish; spoon chicken mixture over crackers.
- Yop with remaining crackers, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.