Cashew Chicken Casserole
This is unique and fast because you do not have to cook the macaroni
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- In a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan, layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed.
- In a bowl, combine the soups, milk and broth.
- Pour over water chestnuts.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Toss butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over casserole.
- Top with cashews.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.