Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 6 ounces fettuccine or medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 1/4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, for sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, for top
- Cook pasta according to package directions: drain and set aside.
- Run water over broccoli to thaw.
- For Sauce: In large saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
- Stir in flour, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and well drained broccoli.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Place chicken mixture in greased 7 x 12 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.