Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 6 ounces fettuccine or medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 1/4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, for sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, for top
- Cook pasta according to package directions: drain and set aside.
- Run water over broccoli to thaw.
- For Sauce: In large saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
- Stir in flour, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and well drained broccoli.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Place chicken mixture in greased 7 x 12 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through.