Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 10 (6- to 8-inch diameter) flour or corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 1/3 cups salsa verde or green sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Chihuahua or mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in skillet until hot. Cook tortilla strips in oil 30 to
60 seconds or until light golden brown; drain.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2-quart casserole.
- Layer half of the tortilla strips in casserole; top with chicken,
half of the salsa verde (about 2/3 cup) and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Press layers gently down into casserole.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla strips, sauce and cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.