A great way to turn leftover chicken or turkey into a meal complete with veggies.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry or water
- 2 (10-3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cut or chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add flour, stirring until
blended. Stir in the cream and cooking sherry or water; cook and stir until
thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Blend in soup until
smooth; remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place broccoli in an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with rice
and then half of the sauce. Top with chicken.
- Stir shredded cheese into remaining sauce; pour over the chicken.
- Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until heated
Yield: 8-10 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.