Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2/3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking
- In a large kettle melt butter and sauté onions, celery, and garlic
- Add flour, sugar, salt, basil, pepper and chicken
broth. Bring to a boil. Boil a minute then add chicken and frozen
- Pour into prepared pan.
- For dumplings combine biscuit mix, basil and milk. Stir until moistened
and use spoon to drop dumplings onto casserole (12 dumplings).
uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes more or until dumplings are done.
Yield: 6 servings
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Lior, 3-14-02 newsletter.