Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 medium red, green and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne or to taste
- 2 flour tortillas, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Garnish: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken
with peppers, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until chicken
is almost done and peppers are crisp-tender.
- Stir in onion soup
mix blended with water, flour, chili powder, cayenne and garlic
powder. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer
uncovered, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until chicken is
done and sauce is thickened.
- To serve, turn into serving dish, then top with tortilla strips.
- Garnish, if desired, with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and
shredded Cheddar cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.