Chicken Gloria Casserole
This is a great classic dish.
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- Kosher or sea salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup cream sherry*
- 1 (18 ounce) can Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 6 slices Muenster cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spoon flour
onto shallow dish or pie plate. Coat both sides of chicken with flour;
shake off excess.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both
sides. (You don’t need to cook the chicken completely because it will
finish cooking in the oven.)
- Transfer chicken to 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Place butter in same skillet; let melt over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir mushrooms until
- Stir in sherry; cook and stir for additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in soup; mix well. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Pour mushroom sauce over chicken; top each piece of chicken with one
slice cheese. Fold cheese in half if it is too wide for chicken piece.
- Cover dish with foil; bake 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn oven
to broil setting.
- Remove foil from dish; broil 1 to 2 minutes to brown
- Remove from the oven; set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Top with parsley.
Yield: 6 servings
* You MUST use cream sherry in this dish. If you don’t it won’t be as
good. The flavor it adds is what makes this dish heavenly.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.