- 5 cups chicken breast or any part of chicken (40 ounces)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock (1 tablespoon chicken base in 2 1/2 to 3 cups water, heated to boiling)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper toasted almonds
- 1 cup roux*
* Stir 1/2 cup all-purpose flour in 2 tablespoons of corn oil or
margarine in frying pan until golden brown.
- Pan fry chicken in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Sauté bell peppers, celery and onions until just tender.
- Warm chicken stock to boiling point.
- Make roux.
- Mix chicken, vegetables,
chicken stock and seasoning with roux.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Serves 10 to 12.