- 5 cups chicken breast or any part of chicken (40 ounces)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock (1 tablespoon chicken base in 2 1/2 to 3 cups water, heated to boiling)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper toasted almonds
- 1 cup roux*
* Stir 1/2 cup all-purpose flour in 2 tablespoons of corn oil or
margarine in frying pan until golden brown.
- Pan fry chicken in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Sauté bell peppers, celery and onions until just tender.
- Warm chicken stock to boiling point.
- Make roux.
- Mix chicken, vegetables, chicken stock and seasoning with roux.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Serves 10 to 12.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.