Chicken Noodle Casserole 3
- 2 cups broken noodles
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease well a 6-cup baking dish.
- Cook noodles in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Put noodles in baking dish and pour over them the mixture of soup, milk and thyme.
- Over noodles and soup, place a layer each of chicken pieces and almonds.
- Sprinkle a mixture of melted butter, green pepper and bread crumbs over top of
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.