Chicken and Rice Bake
Warm, creamy and satisfying, this casserole is a creative way to use up leftover
chicken from the night before. It’s also a delicious option for families on a budget.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Del Monte® Seasoned Green Beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or ham
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed low-fat, low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-fat milk (1%)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle rice evenly in dish.
- Pour 1/2 cup water over rice.
- Top with chicken and beans.
- Stir together soup, milk and cheese; pour slowly and evenly over bean mixture.
- Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until rice is tender
and casserole is heated through.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, if desired.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 35 min
Total Time: 40 min | Serves: 4
Reprinted with permission from Del Monte Foods.