Chicken Tortilla Casserole 2
- 2 or 3 whole chicken breasts
- About 15 corn tortillas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small can green chiles, chopped
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can water or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook chicken in water until tender; remove skin; cut or shred into
bite size pieces.
- Mix onion, chiles, soups, water or broth and garlic
together with chicken in saucepan. Bring to boil; then remove from
- Cut tortillas into 1-inch pie-shape pieces.
- Layer tortillas,
chicken soup mixture and cheese alternately to make 6 layers in
a large casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered, at 350 degrees F.
2 tablespoons hot sauce may be added if desired.