- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken and rice soup
- 4 cups cornbread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 boiled chicken or 1 whole canned chicken
- Melt butter and sauté onion and celery.
- Heat broth and soups and pour over cornbread crumbs; mix well. Add onions and
celery to soup-cornbread mixture Season with salt and pepper. If needed, add boiling
water to moisten.
- In greased casserole, alternate layers of chicken, which has been cut into bite-size
pieces, and dressing (start and end with dressing).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.