Deep-Dish Chicken Cordon Bleu
Luscious layers of chicken, ham and cheese stack up in a family-friendly dinner
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil orPure Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (13.25 ounce) box frozen baked honey-battered chicken tenders, thawed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, or 1 deli rotisserie chicken (2 to 2 1/2 pounds), shredded
- 16 (1 ounce) slices Muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce or cream-style prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 pound shaved cooked brown-sugar or maple-glazed ham (from deli)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish
with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll crescent rolls in baking
dish; press perforations to seal. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add
onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
Remove from heat; stir in cut-up chicken tenders.
- Place 8 slices of the Muenster cheese over baked crust. In small bowl, stir
Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, honey, horseradish sauce
and thyme until well blended. Spoon half of the mayonnaise mixture evenly over
cheese on crust.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over mayonnaise mixture on crust. Spoon remaining
mayonnaise mixture evenly over chicken. Cover chicken evenly with ham. Top with
remaining 8 slices Muenster cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is thoroughly
Prep Time: 30 Min | Total Time: 50 Min | Makes: 12 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 420 Calories from Fat
250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium
1170mg; Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 31g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
®Crisco is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2011.
Copyright © McCormick and the McCormick logo are registered trademarks of McCormick &