Green Noodle Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 1 chicken, cooked with
celery, onion, salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimento or 1 (6 ounce) jar Spanish
- 12 ounces green noodles
- 2 cups stock (or 1 cup stock plus two cans
- 2 cups sliced water chestnuts
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese
- If using whole chicken, boil to cook, then remove chicken from pan and save stock.
Cool chicken, remove skin, de-bone and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Saute in butter the celery, onion and bell pepper. Add mushroom soup, pimentos,
sliced water chestnuts, cheese and 2 cups stock.
- Cook green noodles in reserved stock until tender.
- In greased casserole, place
layers of noodles, then chicken, then sauce, alternately until all are used.
- Bake covered in 350 degree F oven until heated through and bubbly.
Source: Feed My Sheep published by First Presbyterian Church, Baton