Hot Turkey and Cheddar Casserole
- 3 cups (about 16 ounces) cubed (1-inch) leftover turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, celery, water chestnuts, red bell pepper, mayonnaise,
onion, lemon juice, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese; mix well.
Place the mixture in the baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese, 1/2
cup mozzarella cheese and cornflakes.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the baked
turkey casserole, and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese melts.