Hush Puppy Chicken Casserole
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can oven-baked beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon smoky-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare half of the corn muffin mix. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chili powder onto chicken chunks. Cook chicken over medium heat in a
nonstick pan until opaque.
- Stir in baked beans, stewed tomatoes and barbecue sauce.
- Mix green beans with dill. Add to chicken mixture. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour chicken mixture into
baking dish. Dot corn muffin batter on top of chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Remove from oven and brush with maple syrup.
Yields 8 servings.