King Ranch Chicken Casserole
A signature Ro*Tel recipe - a creamy, cheesy and easy casserole with that special
'kick' coming from Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chilies.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained*
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking
spray; set aside.
- Melt Fleischmann's in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and
onion; cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in both soups, undrained tomatoes and chicken.
- Layer one-third each of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in
dish. Repeat layers twice more.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Hands On: 20 min | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 8 servings (about 1 cup each)
* May use any variety of Ro*Tel Tomatoes in place of Original to suit your taste.
Nutrition Facts Amount per Serving: Calories 373
% Daily Value* Total fat 32% 21 g Saturated fat 44% 9 g Cholesterol 21% 63
MG Sodium 38% 916 MG
Carbohydrate 8% 25 g Dietary fiber 11% 3 g Sugars 0% 3 g Protein
44% 22 g Vitamin A 16%
Vitamin C 15% Calcium 26% Iron 11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
ConAgra Foods, Inc.