Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 (7 ounce) can ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA Taco Seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA Salsa Prima Homestyle Mild
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove
- Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix.
- Layer half of tortillas in prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture, beans
and 1 cup cheese.
- Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.