Main Dish Green Bean Casserole
This familiar classic green bean side dish becomes a complete one-dish meal with
the simple addition of chopped cooked chicken or turkey and instant rice before
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 2 cups uncooked instant white or brown rice
- 2 (3 ounce) cans French's® Crispy Fried
- Onions, 2 2/3 cups total, divided
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tsps. soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans Del Monte® No Salt Added Cut Green Beans, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) slivered or sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together soup, chicken, rice, 1 can of onions, milk, soy sauce, oregano
and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add beans and stir until well blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Stir bean mixture. Coarsely crumble remaining onions and sprinkle evenly over
- Top with almonds, and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until almonds are light golden
Serves 8 | Prep Time 10 min | Cook Time 45 min
Variation: To make Individual Main Dish Green Bean Casseroles, prepare recipe
as directed above, except divide mixture into eight 16-ounce ramekins.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):