Paulette de Normandy
- 1 package bread stuffing, divided
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup green onion tops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Grated cheese
- Mix bread stuffing and butter or margarine and put into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Combine chicken broth, chicken, onion, celery, green onion tops, mayonnaise or salad dressing and salt and put over stuffing.
- Sprinkle remaining half of bread stuffing on top.
- Combine eggs and milk. Pour over stuffing. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Spread mushroom soup on top.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
Shared with Recipe Goldmine by Leah.