Sonora Chicken Casserole
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cups cut-up, cooked chicken or turkey breasts
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine contents of vegetable/seasoning packet, water and butter in a 9-inch
square pan. Add stuffing crumbs and 1/2 cup of the salsa; stir just enough to moisten
crumbs. Spread evenly in pan. Layer corn, then chicken over stuffing.
- Mix remaining salsa with sour cream. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with additional sour cream, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.