South-of-the-Border Chicken and Rice Bake
This South-of-the-Border Chicken and Rice Bake will spice up your family's chicken
and rice dinner with southwest-style vegetables and flavors and it's easy to make!
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 to 16 ounce) bag Southwest-style vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups total)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine evaporated milk and condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk
- Add salsa and pepper; mix well.
- Add vegetables, chicken and rice.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; top with cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 45 min
Yield: 9 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup
Tip: Vary the taste of this bake by using a different flavor or heat level of
By: CARNATION MILKS
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):