Triple Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 to 4 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried bread crumbs (optional)
- Sauté the onion and pepper in the butter or margarine until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the soup, mushrooms, pimentos and basil. Set aside.
- Mix together the noodles, chicken, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan
cheese. Pour the soup mixture over the noodles and combine well.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, if desired, and bake 10 minutes longer.
Makes approximately 10 servings.