Turkey Oyster Casserole
This is a wonderful use for leftover turkey.
- 8 ounces broad noodles
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups turkey broth or chicken stock
- 3 cups diced, cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped pimientos
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 (3- or 4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint oysters, drained
- Cook noodles; drain. Mix with 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Melt butter in saucepan, blend in flour, and gradually stir in turkey broth. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Blend in remaining sour cream.
- Stir into noodles; add turkey, pimientos, olives, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Place half of mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Arrange the oysters in a layer on top, then cover with remaining turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.