Serve with fresh fruit or your favorite jam or preserves and sour cream.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese, creamed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and milk.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, butter, egg, sour cream and salt. Place 1/2 the flour mixture in the baking dish. Cover with the cottage cheese mixture, and top with remaining flour mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, and cut into squares to serve.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 3/22/2002 8:22 am.