Cheese Blintz Casserole
I made cheese blintzes until I found this incredible dish! Just like blintzes
but without the work and it's great for brunch!
- 1 pound creamed cottage cheese
- 1 pound farmers cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large can blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine fist 7 ingredients, blending well and set aside.
- Grease a 2-quart long baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients until blended. Pour 1/2 of the
mixture into the prepared pan. Pour all of the first mixture on top of the batter
in the pan and top with the other 1/2 of remaining batter, being careful not to
mix together. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Warm the blueberry filling and lemon peel together and pour over slices of the
Option 2: Here's another version originating from Oshkosh, Wisconsin: Omit
the farmers cheese and cottage cheese in the above recipe and substitute 2 pounds
ricotta cheese and 8 ounces cream cheese. Bake and prepare the same as the directions
state above, baking 30 minutes longer until golden and done in center.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.