Country French Apple Crescent Casserole
Favorite apple-dumpling flavors are baked in a sweet casserole, sauce and all!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 large apple, peeled, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon almond extract or amaretto
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon;
- Separate dough into 8 triangles; sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over each. Gently
press sugar mixture into each triangle, flattening each slightly.
- Place apple slice on shortest side of each triangle; tuck in edges around apple
slice. Roll up, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Seal all
seams. Place point side down in ungreased 9-inch round baking dish or pie pan, placing
long side of 7 filled crescents around outside edge of dish and 1 in center.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove baking dish from oven.
- In small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; beat with wire whisk until well
blended. Spoon sauce evenly over partially baked rolls. Sprinkle with almonds and
- Return to oven; bake an additional 13 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown.
If necessary, cover with foil during last 5 minutes of baking to prevent excessive
- Serve warm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
25 min prep time | 1 hr 5 min total time | 8 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe Calories 280 Calories from Fat
140 Total Fat 15g 23% Saturated Fat 5g 25% Cholesterol 45mg 15% Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 32g 11% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Sugars 21g 21% Protein 4g 4%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 4% Iron 6%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Bake-Off® Contest 34, 1990 - Sharon Richardson, Dallas, Texas
Reprinted with permission from