Bayou Seafood Casserole
Nothing beats shrimp and crabmeat in a very creamy casserole.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- Grated sharp cheese
- Cracker crumbs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the cream cheese and the 1 stick butter in a double boiler.
- Sauté shrimp, onion, bell pepper and celery in the 2 tablespoons butter. Add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add soup, mushrooms, seasonings, crabmeat and rice; mix well.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole; top with cheese and cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.