Cable Car Tuna Casserole
- 6 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup whole scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a 2 quart casserole combine noodles, thyme and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together the soup and milk in a saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Add tuna, celery, green pepper, water chestnuts, scallions, mayonnaise and all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Heat and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add cheese sauce to casserole and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle top with remaining grated cheese and almonds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.