Crab and Shrimp Casserole
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 pound crab, well cleaned
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichokes, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Melt butter; sauté mushrooms. Add flour.
- Carefully blend in cream, adding a little
at a time until thick sauce forms. Add sherry and cool.
- Add mayonnaise, parsley, scallions and bread crumbs.
- Carefully stir in crab and shrimp.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole.
- Place chopped artichokes in casserole and spread crab and shrimp mixture
over artichokes. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Yields 12 servings.